WEBSITE DESIGN – HOW DOES THIS WORK?
I’m a therapist too, so I KNOW your business! I have LIVED what you are living, and have probably felt all the same fears, pressures, and trepidations. I know how to coherently bring your therapist voice to life online and I know how to maintain professionalism and ethics. I can help you structure your work in a clear way that clients will connect with and I can create/ design a look and feel which represents your authenticity and presence as a therapist.
We co-create your website – it’s an ORGANIC PROCESS: When you hire an IT person to design your website, what typically happens is that he/ she will come with their own agenda and tell you how you ‘should’ present yourself. This just doesn’t work for therapists!
I’m the exact opposite. I pull what is within you, out. I use my 15 years of experience as a therapist and I listen deeply, to get to know you. I then create a website that feels like you, so when clients connect with you online, they maintain that connection in your room. It feels congruent.
Our process looks something like this:
- An conversation about your work – your niche (s), what you want to feature, your style, feel, orientation, etc. This gives me an initial vision/ feel.
- You spend some time gathering photos and going through websites to give me your ‘likes’ and ‘dislikes’ to further create the vision.
- You create your content and send to me what you want clients to know about you and your work. I take it in, and go through my own internal process of really ‘getting’ who you are as a person and therapist.
- If you are having a hard time writing, or defining your work, we can consult and I will help you.
- We schedule a design call. Here, we go through your content, you show me visuals of what you like/ dislike, and we create the design together. Then I build the website. My experience as a therapist helps here. I don’t always use what you choose, or place things where you thought they may be.
- Once I’ve finished the website, we go into an edit round. Here, we can swap out anything, add more pages if you want, and we tweak the site to get it right for you.